TAMARA WHITE HUTCHINSON, APR
Award-winning communications and marketing strategist with 15 years of experience in the education, health and non-profit industries, implementing internal and external communications plans, crisis communications, and brand management for high profile organizations.
NOTRE DAME HIGH SCHOOL | Sherman Oaks, CA | 2018- Present
Premier, co-educational, private high school serving Southern California since 1947.
HEAD OF MARKETING & COMMUNICATION
• Formulate and implement marketing and communications plans that support the organization’s business plan, position senior staff as compelling leaders and drive employee engagement.
• Provide communications expertise and counsel to the Office of the President and senior administration to inspire consistent, transparent communication both internally and externally.
• Lead editorial strategy across all internal and external communications platforms including video, social, and print.
• Supervise production of all web, print, digital and multimedia collateral materials. Includes management of freelance graphic designer, print and mailing houses
AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION | Los Angeles, CA | 2014-2017
An international charity dedicated to fighting heart disease and stroke through funding research, advocating for stronger public health policies and providing critical tools and information to save and improve lives.
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING
• Administered media training and coordinated media opportunities on behalf of board members, high-level sponsors and executive staff.
• Wrote and edited internal and external communications including speeches, op-eds, blogs, print publications, video and social media.
• Produced strategic public relations, digital and social media plans to implement campaigns that support educational programs, awareness and advocacy outreach as well as fundraising events including the award winning communication strategy for the American Heart Association/Union Bank Tournament of Roses float.
• Supervised marketing partnership for $1M sponsorship with Tenet Healthcare Corporation. Responsibilities included collaborating with Tenet’s Chief Marketing Officer on the development of co-branded, multi-platform marketing campaigns for Heart Month and Stroke Month. The campaign included producing video PSAs, digital advertisements and social media assets.
• Liaison between AHA and the marketing department of high-level sponsors including KTLA, Amgen, Angels Baseball, Union Bank and others.
SOMA FITNESS | Los Angeles, CA | 2013 – 2014
Innovative virtual nutrition and fitness coaching service with national and international clientele.
DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC RELATIONS & DIGITAL MARKETING
• Executed pre- and post-event logistics, marketing and promotions for industry tradeshows, conferences and fitness events.
• Managed website development and project management ensuring on time and quality delivery. Integration of CRM system, search engine optimization (SEO), and email marketing campaigns.
• Formulated newsletter, blog posts, website content, talking points, special event scripts, marketing collateral material, and email marketing copy.
CITY OF WEST HOLLYWOOD | West Hollywood, CA | 2006 – 2013
Known as the “Creative City” and home to the iconic “Sunset Strip.”
PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER/ACTING MANAGER
• Managed internal staff of six and oversaw contracts with outside vendors including graphic designer, copy editor, printing and mailing houses, several photographers and public relations firm.
• Develop media strategies and events for policy issues that leveraged relationships with celebrity partners including lead Jackie Collins, Jane Fonda, Anne Hathaway, Rihanna, Shephard Fairy and others.
THE HOYT ORGANIZATION | Torrance, CA | 2005 – 2005
Full service, strategic public relations firm specializing in healthcare, architecture, real estate and finance.
• Secured media placement and Op-Ed articles in trade publications and local/national business journals for technology, architectural and design accounts including Heery International, RTKL, Pircher, Nichols & Meeks and others.
WHITE FOUNDATION | Los Angeles, CA | 2006- Present
Regional charity founded to provide scholarships to high school seniors graduating from Madera High School in California’s Central Valley
• Provides academic mentoring for high school seniors and undergraduate students.
• Identifies and selects scholarship recipients based on eligibility requirements.
• Monitors financial budget and scholarship awards.
COMPTON JR. POSSE | Los Angeles, CA | 2013 – 2017
A regional charity located in Compton, California that provides inner-city youth with tutoring and equestrian instruction.
• Taught middle grade and high school students equestrian skills as well as classes geared towards college preparation efforts.
• Pitched stories to media, and created engaging content for social media platforms.
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, DAVIS – Davis, CA
BACHELOR OF ARTS, COMMUNICATIONS
ST. MARY’S COLLEGE OF CALIFORNIA – Moraga, CA
(APR) Accreditation, Public Relations Society of America
Digital Marketing Certificate, American Marketing Association
Microsoft Office Suite | WordPress | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube | Constant Contact | Sprinklr | HooteSuit
HONORS & AWARDS
2016 PRSA-LA Prism Award, Strategic Campaigns and Programs, Bringing a Healthy Message to the 2016 Rose Parade
2012 PRSA-LA Prism Award of Excellence, Public Affairs Category for the New West Hollywood Library
California Association of Public Information Officer’s (CAPIO) 2012 Award of Merit, New Media Strategy