TAMARA WHITE HUTCHINSON, APR
Dedicated communication professional with diverse experience working with a wide range of populations and in nonprofit organizations. Deeply committed to enriching the lives of others and the ability to effectively balance professionalism with empathy. Work well under pressure and deadlines. Qualifications include Accreditation from the Public Relations Society of America, Digital Marketing Certificate from the American Marketing Association and multiple awards for communications strategy and execution.
• Creation of strategic marketing and communications plans
• Experience measuring marketing and public relations data to assess effectiveness
• Excellent copywriter and editor including print, social media, digital media and web
• Superb interpersonal skills and involvement developing relationships with various stakeholders
• Background in planning and executing special events and programs
• Experience working closely with development teams to promote charitable giving
CONSULTANT | Los Angeles, CA | July 2017- Present
COMMUNICATIONS & PUBLIC RELATIONS
• Advise small business owners in lifestyle industries on communication strategy.
• Draft marketing collateral materials including executive bios, fact sheets, website copy and social media posts.
AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION | Los Angeles, CA | September 2014-July 2017
An international charity dedicated to fighting heart disease and stroke through funding research, advocating for stronger public health policies and providing critical tools and information to save and improve lives.
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING
• Create, write, edit and proofread engaging content for news releases, newsletters, websites and social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Create and maintain social media calendars and schedules.
• Provide media training and coordinate media opportunities on behalf of board members, high-level sponsors and executive staff.
• Create and maintain partnerships with organizations including Angel’s Baseball of Anaheim, KTLA-TV, Riviera Magazine, KEYT-TV and more.
SOMA FITNESS | Los Angeles, CA | October 2013- September 2014
Innovative virtual nutrition and fitness coaching service with national and international clientele.
DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC RELATIONS & MARKETING
• Managed website development and project management ensuring on time and quality delivery. Integration of CRM system, search engine optimization (SEO), and email marketing campaigns.
• Oversaw pre- and post-event logistics, marketing and promotions for industry tradeshows, conferences and fitness events.
CITY OF WEST HOLLYWOOD | West Hollywood, CA | January 2006- October 2013
Known as the “Creative City” and home to the iconic “Sunset Strip.”
PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER/ACTING MANAGER
• Managed internal staff of six and oversaw contracts with outside vendors including graphic designer, copy editor, printing and mailing houses, several photographers and public relations firm.
• Develop media strategies and events for policy issues that leveraged relationships with celebrity partners including lead Jackie Collins, Jane Fonda, Anne Hathaway, Rihanna, Shephard Fairy and others.
THE HOYT ORGANIZATION | Torrance, CA | April 2005- October 2005
Full service, strategic public relations firm specializing in healthcare, architecture, real estate and finance.
• Secured media placement and Op-Ed articles in trade publications and local/national business journals for technology, architectural and design accounts including Heery International, RTKL, Pircher, Nichols & Meeks and others.
WHITE FOUNDATION | Los Angeles, CA | June 2006- Present
Regional charity founded to provide scholarships to high school seniors graduating from Madera High School in California’s Central Valley
• Provides academic mentoring for high school seniors and undergraduate students.
• Identifies and selects scholarship recipients based on eligibility requirements.
• Monitors financial budget and scholarship awards.
COMPTON JR. POSSE | Los Angeles, CA | November 2013- January 2017
A regional charity located in Compton, California that provides inner-city youth with tutoring and equestrian instruction.
• Taught middle grade and high school students equestrian skills as well as classes geared towards college preparation efforts.
• Pitched stories to media, and created engaging content for social media platforms.
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, DAVIS – Davis, CA
BACHELOR OF ARTS, COMMUNICATIONS
ST. MARY’S COLLEGE OF CALIFORNIA – Moraga, CA
(APR) Accreditation, Public Relations Society of America
Digital Marketing Certificate, American Marketing Association
Microsoft Office Suite | WordPress | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube | Constant Contact | Sprinklr | HooteSuite
HONORS & AWARDS
2016 PRSA-LA Prism Award, Strategic Campaigns and Programs, Bringing a Healthy Message to the 2016 Rose Parade; 2012 PRSA-LA Prism Award of Excellence, Public Affairs Category for the New West Hollywood Library; California Association of Public Information Officer’s (CAPIO) 2012 Award of Merit, New Media Strategy